Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pre 1837 Births & Baptisms in Croydon listed on An

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 20 Oct 2003 23:17

Thought these might be helpful to some of you. Someone has posted lists taken from Parish Registers. The current ones are from 1805 and there are 5 lists. This person has previously listed other births & baptisms in the Croydon area so go back a few pages. Nina Isted - I have noticed one listing for Thomas Isted Mayhew son of Edward & Elizabeth 1805. Isted could have been Elizabeths maiden name. Not a common name - might be of interest.

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 20 Oct 2003 23:44

Thanks Kathleen. I have family from Croydon so this may be of use to me. Kathy

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 20 Oct 2003 23:55

Kathy The first 5 lists were posted on 5th Oct. If you go to the first message Kit Allen is the postee, you can e-mail for further details if you find something of interest. Kathleen

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 21 Oct 2003 00:46

Thanks again Kathleen. I had a look, very interesting. I didn't find any of my names but Kit still has more to add! Kathy

Shirley

Shirley Report 21 Oct 2003 08:46

Kathy, Would Merton come under Croydon? I am looking for Haslams but will try tonight as I am off to work now. Shirley.

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 21 Oct 2003 09:30

I have family in Croydon area too, but I cannot find the message on the Surrey board. How do I locate it please? Jeannie

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 21 Oct 2003 20:01

Jeannie If you have got onto the Ancestry UK & Ireland message boards, the counties are listed. Each list is a separate essage headed Croydon b.m.d. and numbered 1 - 5. The last 5 lists are as recent as Sunday & Monday. The previous 5 lists start on 5th Oct. but are only on the previous page so not far to go back. The posters name is Kit Allen, she/he says there is more to come. So if you have rellies to trace in the Croydon area it is well worth while checking this board. Kathleen

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 21 Oct 2003 20:40

Thanks Kathleen, I'll have another go in a minute. Jeannie