Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 20 Oct 2003 21:16

looking for EDGAR CAVILL, married to a MABEL GAY, pontypridd area glamorgan, MABEL dob 1887-1888, EDGAR 1888-1889, any info would be appreciated, thanks to every one before hand. deb

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 20 Oct 2003 21:28

Hi Deb, Do you know where they were born? Maggy

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 20 Oct 2003 21:40

James Cavill, 33, Coal Miner, Born Somerset, Nailsea Sophia Cavill, 35, Born Hereford, Symondsbury Lily Cavill, 7, Born Glamorgan, Lllantwit vandre Edgar Cavill, 3, Born Glamorgan, Llanwomia. This is the only Edgar Cavill I can find on 1891. Do you have any more information on Mabel Gay, there are a few with that name listed? Maggy

Michele

Michele Report 20 Oct 2003 21:41

I have found 1 Edgar Cavill - father James 33 coal miner born somerset Nailsea mother Sophia 35 Hereford Symond daughter Lily 4 or 7 Glamorgan son Edgar 3 Glamorgan 25 Shippard St, Llantrisant, Glamorgan Harriet Prosser sister in law 34 or 37 single Glamorgan plus 5 other boarders Is Mabel older than Edgar?

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 20 Oct 2003 22:11

Hi Deb, The only Mabel Gay that I can find who was born in Wales was aged 15, born and living in Newport Monmouthshire. She was working as a servant and not living with her family. Could she be the one? Maggy

Emma

Emma Report 20 Oct 2003 22:18

Hi Debra, There is a family indexed as Guy on the schedule I would say this is most definitely Gay. RG12/4420, folio 89, page 21 Pontypridd, Glamorgan 15 Martins Street William H Guy, head, mar, 24, coal miner, Staffs Dudley Ellen L Guy, wife, mar, 24, Glamorgan Treorky Mabel F Guy, daur, 3, Glamorgan Pontypridd Emma.