Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861/71 lancashire look-up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 20 Oct 2003 20:11

Anybody have access to lancs census please? Looking for John Gerdes not sure of birth date but married Isabella Ashcroft in 1869 and he died in 1879 I cant find any other reference to him .Would like to find his parents. Any help gratefully received thanks Sue.

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Oct 2003 21:09

John married Isabella beetween Oct and Dec 1869 and the ref is: West Derby 8b 590 If you obtain the Marriage cert. it should tell you father,s name and occupation and where John was living at the time. Forgive me if this info. is already known to you. Good luck in your search Hazel

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 20 Oct 2003 21:14

Hi Susan I haven't found the John you are looking for but these might help you about the Gerdes Family All Bap at St James Liverpool Parents John and Ellen Gerdes Isabella Rowlandon Gerdes b 31 Jan 1804 John Gerdes b 3 September 1808 They were both baptised on 21 September 1808 Thomas Haughton Gerdes b 27 may 1810 bap 17 Feb 1811 Henrietta Ellen Gerdes Bap 22 aug 1815 Bren

Sue

Sue Report 20 Oct 2003 21:25

Hi Hazel thanks for marriage ref no . I think this will be the only way to find out more info thanks again for looking sue

Sue

Sue Report 20 Oct 2003 21:29

Hi Brenda i had seen the names john and ellen etc but thomas haughton gerdes and henrietta ellen are new to me! i,m sure they will all be connected as it is a fairly unusual name - just some more pieces to the puzzle. thanks again sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Oct 2003 21:35

My pleasure. Hazel