Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Look up Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 20 Oct 2003 19:00

Could some one please Look up two James Oyston Both aged 29 One born Egglescliffe and one Born Castle Eden I think I have got mixed up with them.Both are on the 1901 Census One is married Which is the one I am following up The other was single. Thanks Maureen ps Co Durham Census

Andy

Andy Report 20 Oct 2003 19:46

Maureen, The one born in Egglescliffe is the one who's married. His wife is Maria. I noticed that he's listed as being born in Earlyneuch. I had to laugh when I saw that, as I don't live too far away from there and the actual spelling is Urlay Nook. Unless Earlyneuch was the old way of spelling it. :-)

Maureen

Maureen Report 20 Oct 2003 20:05

Hi Leigh The first James Is The one. I am getting mixed up with the one born in Castle Eden. They where both labs.Have Grandfathers Birth cert and mothers name Maria.Where occ: was Bricklayer Then his brother Birthj cer: he was a steel worker on James death cet:he Was a bricklayer again. Thanks again Leigh Maureen

Maureen

Maureen Report 20 Oct 2003 20:13

Hi Andy in North Yorkshire You are right thats the birth cert: I have Said he was born Urlay Nook Egglescliffe. not very good at Georgraph is it near Hartlepool I didn't think it was. I live in North Yorkshire but the other way to wards Scarborough Thanks Maureen

Andy

Andy Report 20 Oct 2003 22:42

It was the 1901 census that I was looking at, where it said Earlyneuch. No, it's not really near Hartlepool. I can only assume he put that as his birth place on the 1891 census, because he lived there at some point. ANdy.