Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for siblings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Report 20 Oct 2003 18:20

Of Joseph Cuthbert Duffy born 1899 in Newcastle upon Tyne Father Felix Duffy do not know Mothers name. Thanks Anne-Marie

Janet

Janet Report 20 Oct 2003 18:27

Births Jun 1899 Duffy Joseph Cuthbert Newcastle T 10b 41 The birth certificate would give his mother's name, including maiden name probably. Jan.

April

April Report 20 Oct 2003 18:30

Hi Anne-Marie Found this family on 1901 census,Hope its of help, April Alexander Duffy 11 Northd Newcastle Westgate Arthur Duffy 14 Scotland Westgate Catcher Shipyard Catherine Duffy 9 Northd Newcastle Westgate Eliza Duffy 37 Scotland Westgate Elizabeth Duffy 7 Northd Newcastle Westgate Felix Duffy 37 Ireland Westgate Plumber Joseph Duffy 2 Northd Newcastle Westgate Maggie Duffy 3 Northd Newcastle Westgate

Annie

Annie Report 20 Oct 2003 18:30

Anne Marie If you look at the census for 1901, type in Duffy and census place Westgate you'll find Felix and his family, wife Eliza. children Alexander, Catherine, Elizabeth, Maggie and Joseph (age 2). if you pay to view then it will give you their address, or where they were on census night anyway! Hope this helps. Yours is one of the first names I've ever found spelt 'right' on the 1901 census. Best wishes Ann

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Report 20 Oct 2003 18:51

Jan. thankyou for your help. I live in New Zealand so not sure how to go about getting any certificates as you seem to have to be in the UK. Anne-Marie April, many thanks for all you info it will be a great help in my search. I can now maybe find more info about Felix as I am constantly come up against a brick wall. Anne-Marie Anne, thanks for you help it all goes towards me moving futher along. Anne-Marie I think this board is grat and every one is cheerful amd helpful a big thanks to you all.

Emma

Emma Report 20 Oct 2003 19:48

Hi Anne-Marie, Found them on the 1891 census now! Not surprising we couldn't find him before - I've never seen Felix spelt like that! Phelix Duffy, head, mar, 26, plumber & gas fitter, Ireland Elizabeth Duffy, wife, mar, 26, Scotland Arthur Duffy, son, 4, Scotland Alexander Duffy, son, 1, Northd Newcastle 10 Chapel Lane RG12/4192, folio 100, page 16 Westgate, Northumberland Emma.

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Report 21 Oct 2003 00:15

Emma, hello again, On my garandparents wedding certificate the spelling was Felix and I never thought it could be a mistake but to be honest once you have looked at this board you realise you really don't belive any spelling to be exact. Thanks for your help, I really do have lots more info to be getting on with. well off to lunch, by for now Anne-Marie

Carol

Carol Report 21 Oct 2003 00:19

Lunch? Its nearly half past midnight here Anne Marie, if you need any certificates, I can get them for you and mail them to you airmail. Email me if that will help. We can sort the boring bit about finances later.

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Report 21 Oct 2003 00:28

Hi Carol, still haven't gone for lunch yet!!! Thanks for your offer I will make a list and let you know. Maybe tomorrow morning now as I have a full evening. Have a good sleep Bye Anne-Marie

Carol

Carol Report 21 Oct 2003 00:33

Sleep? Whats that I will be up most of the night