Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

hi pat can i find that on the webb

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 20 Oct 2003 17:35

i havent got a clue where to start please thanks ANT

Andrea

Andrea Report 20 Oct 2003 17:41

Anthony, I think you are going to struggle on this one but I will let you know all I can. Firstly, if you were adopted then I suggest the Social Services or some such. They should have the details of your parents - I am sure someone on here can give you more details about that. I have never had to find anyone who was adopted yet, so ... that is all I know about that. You have to careful on this aswell. It may be that your Mother doesn't want you to find her and it may not be the happy reunion you are after. However, electoral registers are kept in the libraries of the town where the person was born - so you need to at least know where your Mother comes from before you can start that. You could try posting the details on the "trying to find" board here. Give all the details you know and maybe someone can help you more. Do you have any details at all other than your Mother's name? Do you know your father, whether they were married or anything?

Patricia

Patricia Report 20 Oct 2003 17:44

http://www(.)192(.)com/ Just remove the brackets, also if you look on the Trisha show web site it advises you how to make contact and there is lots of usefull advice. Good Luck

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Oct 2003 20:42

Hi Ant, Can I suggest that you try myfolks(.)co(.)uk. They have great success in reuniting families very quickly. Quite a few members of GC have great stories to tell of their success with Myfolks. You can contact Joan Allan who takes calls up to 11pm. You will find her number on the web site. They also have a very good message board. Good luck in your search. Regards Margaret