Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find brith mother from 1978

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 20 Oct 2003 17:23

ive not seen my mom for 25 years as she gave me up when i was 4 days old if anyone could give me any info on how to meet her or what road to go down many thanks ANTHONY HOLLAND

Carol

Carol Report 20 Oct 2003 17:40

I recently met up with my adopted son, and he found me by going to social services in the area he was adopted. They should help you find your original birth certificate, and hopefully an address. In my case, my parents were at the same address as they were, when he was born.

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 20 Oct 2003 18:29

Hi Anthony If you send off for the booklet ACR100 Access to Birth Records, from the General Register Office in London, it will point you in the right direction. If you know your birth mother's name, then that will be a big help. If you need any more info, post a message. I'm trying to find my mother too. I've just logged on to a good website www(.)adoptionsreunited (.) com Good luck, Sue