Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wolvey parish records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren white

Darren white Report 20 Oct 2003 12:52

Does anyone know where the parish records for Wolvey, Warwickshire would be kept? I have had a look in Nuneaton & Bedworth libs. but have only found some trade directories. I need some info on The BLUE PIG which is a pub in the centre of wolvey village. The census reports for 1851 say that a number of families are living there and many are farmers (including my family) There appear to be 8 famillies giving the blue pig as their address Allcoat: Victualler and farmer of 30 acres burden: charwoman flower: ag lab arnold: ag lab pauper brown: blacksmith master iliffe: seamstress pauper wright: ag lab hewatt: gardiner & farmer 30 a employing no lab hewatts are my lot! any insight into this would be great :)

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 20 Oct 2003 15:19

Probably in Warwick Record Office Priory Park Cape Road Warwick CV37 4JS 01926 412735 www warwickshire(.)gov(.)uk Ros