Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

census for lambeth????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 20 Oct 2003 12:09

Is there a census for lambeth either 1831 1841 or 1851? my G.G.GRANDMOTHER WAS BORN in 1838 to john David karner & mary jane Karner nee mitchells. How can I find information about all of this. many thanks Elaine x

Lynn

Lynn Report 20 Oct 2003 13:15

try e-mailing archives @ lambeth.gov.uk, they were very helpful last time I visited Tel: 0207 926 6076. Good luck!

Lynn

Lynn Report 20 Oct 2003 13:16

sorry, that should be archies 'at' using that funny squiggly symbol! Lynn

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 20 Oct 2003 15:38

thanks to all if you elaine x

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 20 Oct 2003 15:50

Elaine I have the 1851 census for Lambeth. It is addressed searched, so if you have an address I will look it up for you. Lynda

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 20 Oct 2003 17:09

in 1838 they were living in 12 gloster st, vauxhall heath...parish of st mary. Its a long shot that they were living at the same address as people seemed to move atround from street to street back then. many many thanks in advance, elaine x

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 20 Oct 2003 18:46

Sorry Elaine, they wern't at that address in 1851. As you said they semmed to move around a lot in that time. I've never found any of my relatives at the same address from one census to another. Lynda

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 21 Oct 2003 12:58

thanks Lynda for trying elainex