Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 Norfolk census index?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 20 Oct 2003 11:29

Hi, Is there anyone out there with the 1851 indexed census for Norfolk who could look up the following family for me please? William Thomas Wheeler (head) Sophia Wheeler (wife) and children: David, Christopher, Edwin, Sophia, William. Many thanks in advance, Emma.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 20 Oct 2003 12:21

Hi, I have the 1851 LDS CD and cannot find the family at all, I've looked at all the variations and can think of and they aren't there. Gwynne

Emma

Emma Report 20 Oct 2003 12:39

Thanks Gwynneth, That's confusing?! as someone provided me with information about this family supposedly from the 1851 census. The family were in Stowbridge Norfolk. I was given the names and ages but no other information. Would it make any difference if you searched for Frederick Wheeler and Sophia as for some inexplicable reason all the men in this family swap names on a regular basis!! Many thanks, Emma.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 20 Oct 2003 14:04

Hi, On the LDS disc there are no Fredericks in Norfolk at all and the only Sophia isn't with any people who look like the rest of the family - and not in Stowmarket. Perhaps the person who gave you the information got it from a film of the census rather than the LDS disc and the family were omitted from the disc. You could order a the film of Stowmarket 1851 census at any LDS centre and check it there - or perhaps the year is wrong. Gwynne

Emma

Emma Report 20 Oct 2003 14:05

Gwynneth, Thanks very much. I'll have to make a visit to the LDS centre I think. Regards, Emma.