Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2003 elector roll help needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jen

Jen Report 20 Oct 2003 11:01

does anyone know how i can get hold of an elector roll for cannock staffordshire or is there some kind person out there that could do a look up please

Patricia

Patricia Report 20 Oct 2003 11:03

http://www(.)locatefirst(.)com/uk/ PAY PER VIEW SITE

Jen

Jen Report 20 Oct 2003 11:20

do you know if you still get charged the £4.95 if they come up with no address

Maxine

Maxine Report 20 Oct 2003 11:39

Hi Jen I think 192.com now have the 2003 electoral role. I'm afraid I don't subscribe to it so can't help, but although it may cost a bit more, I think you get alot more searches. Regards Maxine

Jen

Jen Report 20 Oct 2003 12:00

thank you patricia and maxine whats 192 sorry if i seem thick

Maxine

Maxine Report 20 Oct 2003 12:04

Hi jen Its www(.)192(.)com just remove the brackets Regards Maxine

Bob

Bob Report 20 Oct 2003 13:16

Anyone can go to their local district council offices and inspect the current electoral role for free. bob

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Oct 2003 13:24

Just been looking at 192. Its 19.99 for a year or 100 credits!! Sarah

Barbara

Barbara Report 20 Oct 2003 13:31

If you do online surveys for them, you can earn credits. Well worth it if you only have one name to look up!

Jen

Jen Report 20 Oct 2003 13:46

thank you everyone think i will go to the council tomorrow see if they can help as im unsure wether this person is still alive or not

Vicky

Vicky Report 20 Oct 2003 15:24

Jen I have some credits left on 192.com and can do a search for you, I need a name, a middle name if possible and a location would be great, anyone living with them eg wifes name, kids etc. It narrows it all down so i don't use up too many credits searching through hundreds! Vicky

Vicky

Vicky Report 20 Oct 2003 15:28

Also I did the online surveys when I first went on, Its ok but you get bombarded with junk mail from them, so do as I did and set up a new web address and set it up from there, you can then forget about it after you used up your searches. the same can be done with ancestry subscriptions, I did it with 2 credit cards and 2 different email addresses I have no more credit cards so had to subscribe for 3 months after that. Just a thought

Chris

Chris Report 20 Oct 2003 16:12

Jen What Name are you looking for Chris