Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help-Witches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Win

Win Report 20 Oct 2003 09:25

The reason I became hooked on geneology was my grandmother always told us that a distant relative was a Marley or Molly Ingram .She was supposed to have been a witch ,her covern being at Riding Mill Northumberland and that she was one of the last witches to be burnt in England at Muggleswick Common. I have been researching since 1988 and am at a real brick wall with this. I have discovered William Ingram married a Mary Bullman at Edmondbyers in 1828 and that William came from Darlington so the witch certainly wasnt an Ingram.Apparently there is a plaque at Edmondbyers say the area was renowned for its witches. If there was a witch in the family she must have been on Marys side of the family. I have tried Durham Records office and they were unable to help. Does anyone one know anything about witches. Many Thanks

Patricia

Patricia Report 20 Oct 2003 09:42

http://web(.)ukonline(.)co(.)uk/sheila(.)jones/witches(.)htm

Sue

Sue Report 20 Oct 2003 13:33

Patricia You are amazing! Is there any subject you can't suggest a site for? You must have an incredible memory or an excellent filing system! Well done, what would we do without you! Regards and thanks Sue