Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look up please please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 20 Oct 2003 09:06

could someone please look up for me i am trying to find great grandad his name is . edward henry born 1866 or 1867 ireland. last found living in lancashire 1881.any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Andy Report 20 Oct 2003 11:42

Jacqueline, This may be him on the 1891 census: Edward HENRY, Head, M, 26, **** Yard Labourer, born Ireland Mary A.HENRY, Wife, M, 25, ****** Mill Hand, born Leeds Catherine HENRY, Daughter, 1, born Halifax Address: 32 Brook Street, Halifax Can't make out the first words of their job professions, someone may be able to do better than me. If you'd like I can send you the census image, however I would need you to send me a blank e-mail before I could send you it. Andy.

Janet

Janet Report 20 Oct 2003 11:48

Edward is Brick Yard Labourer, and Mary is Worsted Mill Hand. Jan

Andy

Andy Report 20 Oct 2003 12:15

:-) cheers Jan. All I could see was the word 'Ruin', not 'Brick' although I knew it wasn't Ruin!

Jackie

Jackie Report 20 Oct 2003 14:31

thanks very much to both of you . this is a real possibility , cheers jackie .