Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can any one help me please as ive hit a brickwall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 20 Oct 2003 03:39

can anyone please do any kind of lookups for these people as i've seem to keep hitting brick walls harry ralph clarke born wisbech cambridge y.o.b c1889 occupation Fishmonger/fisherman who married lottie took y.o.b c1891 in 1909 i have her details i just need his ............................................................................................................................................................................... john beresford robinson born newcastle under lyme staffordshire y.o.b c1846 occupation schoolmaster his father may also have beresford in his name ........................................................................................................................................................................... elizabeth who was born in c1811 in filliegh devon was married to john courtney what was her maiden name they are on 1851 census as a family but not sure when they married ....................................................................................................................................................................... i need to know the birth and death dates and the parents also the siblings if any i know i'm asking a lot but any info however small would be of great help as i'm going round in circles i'm about to give up totally on the robinson's as there seems no way forward many thanks in advance........... ian

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 20 Oct 2003 08:03

Hi Ian, All events after July 1837 should be on the GRO index of Births, Marriages and Deaths. If you search the index you will find the reference number that will allow you to send for the certificate. The GRO index has been filmed by the LDS so can be viewed at one of their centres anywhere in the world. It is also available in record Offices and larger libraries. Some of the index is on line at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl and there is a pay to view website http://www.1837online.com/Trace2web/ The LDS have also filmed all the censuses 1841 - 1891. The 1881 and the 1901 are available on line. Hope this helps, Gwynne

Crista

Crista Report 20 Oct 2003 22:59

Ian, This appears to be the same question you added a few days ago. What happened to all the info. from the replies you were given then? I think the conclusion then was that you will need to order certificates to proceed further. Crisa

Debbi

Debbi Report 20 Oct 2003 23:11

ian was hoping for more info on elizabeth the mother and left the rest in to give people the general background and so he might get verification sorry if this was wrong debbi(on behalf of ian)