Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Holiday Torture!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 19 Oct 2003 21:42

After too many long days at work and too many too late nights reading the GC Tips Board... I'm really feeling in desperate need of a holiday. So, I've booked cottages down in my beloved Cornwall for the first two weeks of November with the intention of doing my Christmas shopping during the day and curling up by the cottage woodburners each evening with all my Family Tree paperwork. It will be bliss.. Or will it? Today I've been reading all the threads about our obsessions with Trees in general and GC in particular, and I've just realised that I've got two weeks of tortuous cold turkey coming up! I'll be in cottages with no phone lines... which means no Internet... which means no GC or free BMD... and no Tips Boards... FOR TWO WHOLE WEEKS! Come on, my GC friends, I need ideas to help me through withdrawal! I can't remember ever seeing an Internet Cafe in Cornwall (for which I always been grateful in the past) but if you log on one night and find a message headed 'Greetings from Cornwall!' you'll know the Christmas shopping has been shelved and I've nipped in for a quick fix!!!!

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 19 Oct 2003 21:58

Maybe there is a library nearby with internet - hope for a few rainy days as excuse to sit in there all day. Just come back from a week in Spain and spent all day catching up on boards. Eyes are dangling by my chin now ... Maz. XX

Carol

Carol Report 19 Oct 2003 21:59

Not sure about Cornwall, but if you fancy a nip across the bridge to Plymouth, there is an Internet cafe just round the corner from Derrys, and another in Mutley.