Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing - Abducted By Aliens?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggie

Maggie Report 19 Oct 2003 21:29

I am still trying to find Henry Dipple (sometimes known as Henry George Dipple) born 1856 - I have him on the 1881 and on the 1891 cenus. He remarried in 1898 to Fanny Jane Randall, but I can't find him on the 1901 Census. I have found Fanny Jane Randall - she is living with her brother and she is down as M - which I presume means married. Also his son Henry E Dipple born 1880 - he has also dissappeared on the 1901 census - Aliens? Maggie

Maggie

Maggie Report 19 Oct 2003 21:57

Hi Ruth, Yes I've tried Harry - I think - maybe I'll try again. I've tried so many things to find them that I'm now forgetting what I have tried. I think I've just found Henry born 1880 registered in Sept 1879 as Henry Edmund so maybe I'll try Edmund! Maggie

Carol

Carol Report 19 Oct 2003 22:17

On the 1901, I have found a Harry Dipple age 34 living at 68 Broad Street, Bromsgrove with Amos and Eliza Crane. There is a blank for relationship to head of household, and Harry is a bread maker

Maggie

Maggie Report 19 Oct 2003 22:30

Hi Carol, My Henry's would be aged around 22 and 45 in 1901 so I don't think this could be one of them. Henry born 1856 was a packing case maker/carpenter born Bethnall Green and Henry born 1879 - I don't know what his work was but he was born in Leyton, West Ham. Thanks anyway, Maggie

Carol

Carol Report 19 Oct 2003 23:09

Sorry Margaret, can`t add up. I have been doing so much on the 1891 that I forgot I had gone forward 10 years. Its the thought that counts

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 19 Oct 2003 23:10

Mararet . . . . . Could he have gone off to fight in the Boar War 1899-1902.? just a thought.

Maggie

Maggie Report 19 Oct 2003 23:43

Hi Rosemary, He did call himself Henry George sometimes - so yes it could be I will have look. Thanks Maggie

Maggie

Maggie Report 19 Oct 2003 23:45

Hi Mike, Sounds like possibility, do they have a list anywhere of who joined up? Maggie

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 20 Oct 2003 00:12

Margaret. . . . Depends where he joined up (City County) you will have to find that out. .. . Had a quick look at Boar war casualties but it's having problems at the moment. But it's on a great site for the likes of us under the heading Boar War casulties site address is :- www . genealogy - links . (co) . uk / more . links . htm just take the extra spaces and brackets out of above. MIKE.

Maggie

Maggie Report 20 Oct 2003 10:23

Thanks Mike, Going there now. Maggie

Maggie

Maggie Report 20 Oct 2003 10:28

Hi again Mike, Just tried this link and you are right it does not work at the moment. Maggie