Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP please,1881 census look up.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 19 Oct 2003 20:16

Can someone help me please to look up where the Brycelands have dissappered to. Robert brycland aged 21 in 1895 married lizzie (elizabeth) sinclair (aged 20)on 21st June 1895. There child margaret hamilton Bryceland was my grandmother They are showing on the census but can't locate his father also Robert Bryceland. he married a catherine Sinclair. They appear to be from the Partick area in Lanarkshire of Glasgow. What i really want to know is did Margaret hamilton Bryceland have any siblings ? how can i find this out ? I'm very new to this so please be gentle with me and use plain english :-) Thankyou Maureen mcdonald

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2003 20:28

Hi Maureen, I think that you should try and find them on the 1901. Look for Male Brycelands this time and see what it comes up with. Remember the 25 to a page :o) Shout if you need help. Regards Margaret

Maureen

Maureen Report 19 Oct 2003 20:39

Thanks margaret but don't trust myself on there alone. Used my last 5 credits doing nothing lol well i thought i was doing nothing but obviously i was !!! Tell me does this mean you have to pay for every search on scotlandspeople? maureen x

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2003 20:58

Hi Maureen, The £6 that you pay gives you 30 credits with 48 hours access. Search = 1 credit. Certificate = 5 credits. You don't have to pay again for the ones that your have previously searched. They will always stay there. Let me know if you need help. Regards Margaret