Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anybody help find Emma Durbridge birth c1847/9

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lucky

Lucky Report 19 Oct 2003 16:48

Can anybody help. I've been looking for Emma Durbridge birth, tried several spelling variations. Tried on 1837 online, FreeBMD. FamilySearch. Tried from 1840/9. With no luck 1881 census she is 34 birthplace Oxford. 1901 census she is 55 birthplace Thame, Oxford. Her father was John Durbridge mother Emma. I believe she may have been the eldest, she had a sister Elizabeth also born Oxford maybe year or two later. The other siblings were born all over the place. Emma married 1870 in Nuthurst. I have the family on 1871 census for Nuthurst. Any suggestions please!!!!

Lucky

Lucky Report 19 Oct 2003 18:50

Thats a good idea, unfortunately I haven't found the marriage yet. Her mother is down as Oxfordshire, blackhorse on 1871 census.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 19 Oct 2003 20:06

Hi, The birth cert of one of the other children will have the mother's maiden name. Gwynne

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 19 Oct 2003 21:05

the only emma durbridge i can find is one born in Farnham in 1845

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 19 Oct 2003 21:07

also found this Emma DURBRIDGE Head U Female 45 North Moreton Dressmaker Emily DURBRIDGE Daur U Female 20 North Moreton Domestic Servant(Out Of Sit) same houshold

Lucky

Lucky Report 19 Oct 2003 22:16

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to look at that marriage. Several of the children were born prior to 1855 but as we all know that doesn't mean the parents were married! I too only found the one in Farnham. I may well have to get one of the other siblings birth cert and go from there. I have one born goring about 1858 so that may well be the marriage. I'll look into that further Thanks everyone