Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 lookup for leicestershire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren white

Darren white Report 19 Oct 2003 14:07

Could somebody please do me a lookup for an Esther Mayne living in Stokie Golding, Leicestershire She would be about 65 years old, born in wolvey Warks or Annie Mayne about 31 born Stoke golding many thanks

Carol

Carol Report 19 Oct 2003 14:11

I have found one Esther Mayne living in Stoke Golding but she is 52 on the 1891. and she is head of family. I havent looked at the rest of the household yet, as the image takes time to load.

Carol

Carol Report 19 Oct 2003 14:18

Here is the details from the image. Esther Mayne Head 52 Dressmaker Warwick Wolvey Percival Mayne Grandson 4 Scholar Leics Stoke Golding Esther is also listed as single

Darren white

Darren white Report 19 Oct 2003 14:20

Thanks, that sounds like her. Does it say if she is married or widowed

Carol

Carol Report 19 Oct 2003 14:29

An Annie Mayne born in Leicestershire Knighton Leicestershire Samuel H Mayne 37 Boot & Shoe Traveller London Camden Town Annie Selina Wife 33 School Mistress Leicester Hilder Evelyn Daughter 5 Leicester Annie Harrison Daughter 3 Leicester Martha Burus Servant 38 Birmingham Amy Frnces Denton Lodger 47 Leicester

Carol

Carol Report 19 Oct 2003 14:29

Darren, it just shows an S for single.

Darren white

Darren white Report 19 Oct 2003 14:42

Thanks carol, I'm having a nightmare with this one :( IN 1881 Esther is shown as head, Married Dress maker born wolvey, and Annie is 21 dau. Married Dressmaker and they have an Elizabeth Mayne 80 Mother. but i think Elizbeth is mother in law. I was hoping that esther was Esther Hewitt from wolvey, Warwickshire but i'm starting to have second, third and fourth thoughts about that :(

Darren white

Darren white Report 19 Oct 2003 14:48

The printout that I got from my 1881 census disc shows Esther and annie as married dressmakers

Darren white

Darren white Report 19 Oct 2003 15:13

Rosemary, I love you!! where did you get that one from? I've search VRI discs that i borrowed and could'nt find any hewitts getting married. and the only esther from wolvey that i came across was this mayne woman :) Thanks

Darren white

Darren white Report 19 Oct 2003 15:27

Hi Rosemary, it must be her cos in on the '41 census she is shown as Esther Ann. IN 1851 her family John her father is a gardener/farmer and the address is given as Blue Pig, Wolvey. But I went to wolvey the other day and the blue pig is a pub.

Darren white

Darren white Report 19 Oct 2003 15:51

Thanks Rosemary, I'd have been strugling four days with that Mayne lead i had. I found her on the IGI. Never seem to find anything on my search of the IGI. Anyway, Virtual hugs & kisses coming your way from Nuneaton xx :)