Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

if GC puts the subscription up, would you.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 19 Oct 2003 12:36

Like to join a group that is set up on MSN messenger where we can all keep in touch with each other and share our successes and problems through email? Fiona

Michele

Michele Report 19 Oct 2003 12:38

Yes, I would be definitely interested. I need all the help and advice I can get and am willing to help where and when I can. Michele in Surrey

Darren white

Darren white Report 19 Oct 2003 12:47

Sounds like a good idea. Are GC thinking about price changes then?

Margaret

Margaret Report 19 Oct 2003 12:53

When is this subject going to go away? There are already 2 threads about the same thing further down this board. GC have increased the membership to £7.50 a YEAR, not month. You really should contact them direct through the feedback on contact us. This is the way mis information gets around and everybody gets the wrong idea, and before long everyone is convinced it's true. Margaret

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 19 Oct 2003 12:58

It was only a suggestion about what if.... I see some people are interested already. Sorry if I offended you with the suggestion Margaret. Fiona

Carol

Carol Report 19 Oct 2003 13:34

Just an afterthought Haven`t MSN shut down their chatrooms.

Janet

Janet Report 19 Oct 2003 14:27

There is a big difference between Chat Rooms, where anyone can go in and talk live with others, and Groups, where members can post messages. Jan.

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 19 Oct 2003 14:53

Patricia,,What is this group on MSN that you belong to? Can anyone join? Fiona, I thought it was a good idea that you had,just depends on how it was organised and there will always be some people who get a bit snotty about it,

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 19 Oct 2003 15:02

Well you certainly didnt offend ME Pat,, I will try the MSN group,,,,i need all the help i can get,lol Claire x

Margaret

Margaret Report 19 Oct 2003 15:44

Claire I didn't get "snotty" about it. I'm fed up with people suggesting that GC are going to introduce a monthly fee when they answered this question last month and people don't appear to be taking any notice of their answer. Margaret

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 19 Oct 2003 15:58

Margaret If I had known that GC answered this question a month ago I would not have originated one of the threads on this subject. But I did so in an attempt to find out whether others had heard what was printed in the November issue of Family History Monthly. It is evident from the replies that the article may be inaccurate. Unfortunately, I do not get as much time to spend on this site as some, and certainly not to go through hundreds of messages on this board to find out what was said a month ago. GC could make things a lot easier for themselves if, on the left hand side of the page, they had a "News" or "Announcements" link where they could post information such as problems with the service, membership fees, etc. I will e-mail them to suggest that. David

Margaret

Margaret Report 19 Oct 2003 16:04

I just object to being referred to as snotty !!!!! Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2003 16:10

To find the MSN Group go to MSN . com. Select groups and you will find it listed under Home & Families Categories. Regards Margaret

Janet

Janet Report 19 Oct 2003 16:56

I don't think I could cope with belonging to yet another group, this one seems to fulfill all my family history needs. Jan.

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2003 17:09

I agree with Max, we are all here to help and guide each other. It's very difficult to be able to read all of the messages all of the time. Not all members are quite as addicted as some - don't look at me :o))

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 19 Oct 2003 17:10

Well, glad I have some messages left on this thread since I last logged in. Fiona

Mary

Mary Report 19 Oct 2003 20:58

"Have just been checking back through the board, and it would seem that there is still some confusion about whether GC will in fact be increasing their charges - I know, I know, this subject has been discussed in the past in great detail and some members feel they have the right to denegrate the opinions of others (as is apparent from some of the comments on the threads) but surely as we are all members and we pay for the privilige of the site, we each have a right to our opinion; as new members join each day, not everyong has the time to read back (sometimes weeks) to familiarise themselves with previous threads. The subject of this particular thread was published only recently, and as such it is obviously in the forefront of members interests and deserves to be debated fully - we are not yet in a police state (or are we?) Mary

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 19 Oct 2003 21:08

Hear, hear Peter - we are all entitled to our opinions and I don't think it should be forgotten that the difference between £5. 00 per year and £5.00 per month is considerable - far too much for me to pay out. Some of us are probably less fortunate than others, and it would mean that I could not afford to subscribe to this site if the subscription were increased considerably. That would be a shame as I really enjoy the site, and the information that is available from the members (who are all very helpful whenever they can be) would be sorely missed by me. I also like the cameraderie, especially from those members like me who are not too computer literate and do not take themselves too seriously. Jacqui

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 20 Oct 2003 06:40

Dear Members, It has been requested that we again reitereate that the only current fee that is payable to GenesConnected is an annual £7.50 for upgraded services. We have no current plans to introduce a monthly fee, it appears that this has been incorrectly reported in a magazine. ## Please could we again politely ask that any questions that you have regarding the website or your membership are sent directly to the GenesConnected Support Team through the Help area of the website rather than being posted here - these Message Boards are intended for you, our members to use and, although we do read the boards from time to time, we are a very small team at GenesConnected and we may well miss certain postings on here - you can also be guaranteed of a quick personal response if you email our support team directly ##