Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FAMILY HISTORY MONTHLY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 18 Oct 2003 22:03

Today i brought November issues on page 11.It is allabout Genes Connected.They are loking at the site in more detail in the December issue.But what they are saying is that it it £5 per year at the moment which we know but it is likely to increase to £5.per month shortly.I remember a while back there was a thread about this and i did not think it was going to happen.But there must be some truth in it dont you think? Mary

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 18 Oct 2003 22:15

Mary - if it's going to be £5.00 per month then I think there will be a lot of members dropping out - it's almost the cost of a certificate - J.

Maggie

Maggie Report 18 Oct 2003 22:18

Hi Mary, I saw this thread and emailed Genesconnected and asked them. They said they would not be putting it up to five pounds a month but had put it up to seven pounds - fifty pence per year (sorry I don't have a pound sign for some reason!) Maggie

Mary

Mary Report 18 Oct 2003 22:26

Margaret & Jacqui. AS the book has mentioned it i just thought theres no smoke without fire so to speak it will be a terrible shame so many people wont be able to afford this me for one. Mary

Kate

Kate Report 19 Oct 2003 02:48

I have Just bought PC Basics Family Tree and they have an article on GC too.They are advertising their subscription as 5 pound a year...I agree with others that 5 pound a month would be too epensive for many people.... Kate

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 19 Oct 2003 07:55

Peter We seem to have two threads on this topic at the moment (see also mine of yesterday entitled "GC Membership Fees"). Margaret Smith I have also e-mailed GC about this but am still waiting for a reply. If the membership is to increase to £7.50 per year, quite a few of us will be happier than having to pay £5.00 per month. David

Mary

Mary Report 19 Oct 2003 08:43

Nudge Mary

Bob

Bob Report 19 Oct 2003 10:34

We've been here before...This was GC's reply then "To confirm again, the annual charge to upgrade to full membership is currently £7.50. As this is still a new website and it is not a year since we created an upgraded membership, there is no such thing as renewals just yet. However, when it is time for renewals, it will be the same price to renew an upgraded membership as it would be to pay to upgrade for the first time. ## Please could we again politely ask that any questions that you have regarding the website or your membership are sent directly to the GenesConnected Support Team through the Help area of the website rather than being posted here - these Message Boards are intended for you, our members to use and, although we do read the boards from time to time, we are a very small team at GenesConnected and we may well miss certain postings on here - you can also be guaranteed of a quick personal response if you email our support team directly ## Your co-operation is much appreciated"

Mary

Mary Report 19 Oct 2003 10:50

Bob. Thanks for that messages i assume it is what they sent you I consider myself told off. Mary

Bob

Bob Report 19 Oct 2003 11:00

It's GC's own fault...When I joined there was some stuff about "join now before the price goes up to £5.00 per month"....I (like most ppl) ignored it