Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where can I find 1830's - 1850's Sligo, Ireland in

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katie

Katie Report 18 Oct 2003 20:31

Hi, I have a couple both from SLIGO, IRELAND. They are: JOHN LOVE - born 1830 - Sligo ANNE LOVE (nee ???) - born 1832 - Sligo They had their children in Durham, England. The oldest was born in 1859 so they were in England by that time. This means that I need Irish IMMIGRATION, MARRIAGE, BIRTH and CENSUS info for between 1830 and 1860. But I have looked for Irish ancestors in the past and not had much luck...if anyone knows of any good sites etc then please please pass on the tips! Thank you for your time, -Kat

Katie

Katie Report 21 Oct 2003 17:32

Thanks Paul! The John who married 'Ann Conn' may be a link - I don't really have enough information to disregard it. I will take a look at that site you suggested. Best Wishes, -Kat

Katie

Katie Report 21 Oct 2003 17:42

Paul - maybe it's my PC but that site doesn't appear to be avaliable? http:scripts.ireland(.)com is just a blank screen. I'll try again later. Take Care -Kat

George

George Report 21 Oct 2003 19:09

It won't work for me either. George

Katie

Katie Report 21 Oct 2003 19:15

scripts(.)ireland(.)com/ancestor/index(.)cfm Mnus the brackets this link works though Georgina! -Kat