Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Chelsea address look up 1871 (or 1861)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcelo

Marcelo Report 18 Oct 2003 13:14

Does anyone have access to the 1871 census for Chelsea and can do a look up on 7 Godfrey Street? (I believe that it is in the parish of St Luke) There should be a Thomas Jones aged about 46 from Brompton/Chelsea and an Elzabeth Jones aged about 34 from Westminster. There should be at least one daughter Clara aged 5 born in Chelsea. In 1861 they were not married, but I suspect that Thomas Jones may have lived there, possibly with a previous wife. If anyone is able to look these up I would be very grateful.

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 18 Oct 2003 14:15

Marcelo, I know you didn't ask for 1851, but I was already useing mine and had a look for your names and there was noboby at number 7 with the names you wanted, at least you now know they wern't there then. It is the Parish of St Luke by the way. Lynda

Marcelo

Marcelo Report 18 Oct 2003 14:40

thanks Lynda for looking at 1851, it would have been my next objective if Thomas Jones is there in 1861.