Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please 1891 look up to find greatgran

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 18 Oct 2003 08:39

i am trying to find my greatgran in 1891 . she was with her family in lancashire in 1881, max on gc kindly found them back in glasgow on 1891, but she was missing i know she wasnt married have found out she married in glasgow 1899, could someone try and find her for me in 1891 census lancashire. her name was mary-jane o hara born in glasgow 1872, would be much appreciated.

Barbara

Barbara Report 18 Oct 2003 09:33

HI Sorry I couldn't see her in the 163 Mary O hara's that were listed. Do you have more details? I did find a Mary O Hare born Scotland Ireland tho lol Makes you wonder!

Jackie

Jackie Report 18 Oct 2003 11:05

hi barbera , i have her parents names but they were living in glasgow her date of birth was 20/ 2/ 1872 hutchesontown glasgow would this help. thanks regards jackie

Lily

Lily Report 19 Oct 2003 08:52

Hi Jackie I too have had a look for Mary J O'Hara and have not had any luck. I found the entry Barbara was referring to on the English 1891 where there was a Mary J O Hare being born in Ireland, Scotland!! and found nothing on Scotlandspeople. I used the wildcard in both searches in case of an incorrect spelling on the surname. Is it possible that she lived with her husband to be and put down she was married even though they didn't tie the knot until 1899? what was her husbands name please? max xx

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 20 Oct 2003 08:26

Hi Jackie, I did a bit of searching in 91 census,used soundtex,one possible came up: RG12/3024. 522,Fleet Lane,St Helens, Lancs. John Orr,head,single,37yrs,Farmer &Turner,b.Glasgow, Lanarkshire. James " boarder,single, 30yrs,Farm labourer,b. Glasgow,Lanarkshire. Mary,single, 19yrs,Domestic servant,b.Dumbarton. John Orr,boarder,married,66yrs,Retired Farmer, b.gar???, A bit of a long shot,but worth a thought,Mary is transcribed as 18yrs but original looks like 19 to me,but I never take too much notice of ages on census!!!! Good Luck, Liz, in rural Norfolk

Jackie

Jackie Report 20 Oct 2003 08:56

hi elizabeth suppose you never know , thankyou for taking time to look.

Jackie

Jackie Report 20 Oct 2003 08:59

hi max i looked again for her and found nothing i looked on scotlands people for her and looked for her future husband also with no luck , i think i will try and find him on the english census .thanks for all your troubleregards jackie.