Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FORCESREUNITED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 17 Oct 2003 16:58

This is another good link for traces people who were in the forces www(.)forcesreunited(.)org(.)uk I have already found people who served on the same ship as my grandfather when he was in the royal navy

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 17 Oct 2003 20:09

It covers all years, I used it to try to find people that would of been on the same ship as my grandfather. 1939 - 1954, it was interesting the replys I got from veterans who served on the ships, they gave me lots of information as to what it was like.

George

George Report 20 Oct 2003 19:13

The only annoying thing, is that you can't search before 1920. George

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 20 Oct 2003 19:26

I think this is because the site is mainly for renunited still living veterans etc. But is usual for find people that may of served in same convoy, regiment etc of recent ancestors.