Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who says we caint see the dots?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vicky

Vicky Report 16 Oct 2003 12:39

Why are we putting brackets around our dots when we type a web address for someone? I can see the dots within the brackets, Can you? if we can then why the brackets? if some caint see the dots then shall we 'adopt a slash' its quicker than putting in the brackets. www/whocanseethedot/co/uk : ) Vicky

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 16 Oct 2003 12:42

Vicky If you don't put brackets round the dots Gc scambles the e mail address or the web site address this is just a way round it shelli

Helen

Helen Report 16 Oct 2003 13:14

I've started keying them like this, leaving a space between letters. g e n e s c o n n e c t e d . c o . u k That way people don't get confused

David

David Report 16 Oct 2003 13:17

As long as you know why the brackets are there, you can cut and paste the address and then remove the brackets

Sue

Sue Report 16 Oct 2003 17:59

The last 2 or 3 sites I've posted I didn't use brackets and they were all OK. Maybe I was just lucky! Sue

Crista

Crista Report 16 Oct 2003 20:19

You only need the brackets if the word after the d ot starts with co. Crista