Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nottingham.Gringley on the Hill. 1871 lookup plea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 16 Oct 2003 11:48

I am trying to trace the parents of Frank Schofield born 1863 In Nottingham. Gringley on the Hill to be precise. If anyone could find him and his parents it would help me enormously Thanks Shirley.

Stewart

Stewart Report 19 Oct 2003 21:08

Hi,Shirley,I checked the Family Search IGI and also the 1881 Census for you.I found a Frank Schofield christening on the 1st April 1866 Gringley On The Hill,Nottingham,England.There was only one parent Mother:Anna Schofield.I will let you know some more later on.Stewart Whittaker.

Stewart

Stewart Report 19 Oct 2003 22:21

Hi Shirley,I found a christening of Hannah Schofield on the 11th May, 1835 Gringley On The Hill,Nottingham,England.The parents's of Hannah Schofield were Father:Joseph Schofield and Mother Charlotte.Joseph Schofield married Charlotte Lilliman on the 16 February,1832 Gringley On The Hill,Nottingham,England.Joseph Schofield was born on the 16th October,1808,Nottingham,England.The father of Joseph Schofield was Joseph Schofield and the mother was Sarah.Joseph Schofield married Sarah Johnson on the 30th March, 1806 at Gringley,Nottingham,England.Joseph Schofield was born in 1776 of Gringley,Nottingham,England.Sarah Johnson was christened on the 26th October,1785 at Gringley,Nottingham,England.The Father of Sarah Johnson was James Johnson and the Mother of Sarah Johnson was Jane Shrimpton.I will let you know some more in the near future.Stewart Whittaker.