Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My elusive Clilverds please help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 15 Oct 2003 20:10

I am having lots of trouble finding my Clilverd ancestors ,on every census the name is repeatedly misspelled and they seem to get through an awful lot of wives, most of them at least 3.Is there any kind soul out there who could look up the Clilverd family in Stoke Poges Bucks on the 1861 or 1871 census the address is Stoke Common Bells Hill and the men are Cordwainers.I am trying to pin down when Benjamins 1st wife Mary Ann actually died and which of his 15 children were hers. My husband will go mad if I order all 15 certs(lol)and there is only a christening record for 1 on the IGI. I have found them on the 1851 and 1881 (the surname on the latter is transcribed as Clitunce!). I am beginging to think that they must have been having a family reunion out to sea in 1881 as there are 23 people I know should be on the census that just dont show up. There are quite a few missing on the 1891 and the 1901 as well so maybe they had one every 10 years

Janet

Janet Report 15 Oct 2003 22:14

Another nudge up. Jan

Alison

Alison Report 16 Oct 2003 11:02

Adding this to give it a nudge upBut Thought I would add that I found 1 missing Clilverd last night on the 1881 transcibed as Clilyerd.Hoping that they were living at the same address on the 1871 to see if they had any kids

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 16 Oct 2003 11:22

Hi, The LDS have filmed the censuses. You can order them at any LDS centre for a small fee and search them there. The film number you need for Stoke Poges 1861 is 542711 and for 1871 you need 828506. Hope this helps, Gwynne