Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another missing great grandparent!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 15 Oct 2003 19:12

i seem to have mislaid my fathers grandparents, somewhere in the 1901 census! Their names were Elizabeth Hutton and Walter Hounsham. She was born in 1879 in Cambridge, he was born in 1875, possibly Cambridge as well. I know they were both alive then as they died in 1967 and 1958 respectively. in 1901 they had 2 children:- Walter George b jan 1898 Frederick b. Sep 1899 They may have lived Fletton, Peterborough or Cambridge. I know they were in Peterborough in 1916 as my Grandfather was born there in 1902. I can't find them on either the 1880 or the 1901 census, can any kind person help? or give me some clues how to search for them? Julie Tebb

Julie

Julie Report 15 Oct 2003 19:59

little update- after a flash of inspiration, i found them as HOUNSHAW in the 1901 census! However i'm still looking for Elizabeth HUTTON and her parents George anHannah in the 1880 census. any ideas? julie Tebb

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 15 Oct 2003 20:05

Hello Julie, is this him on 1881 Frederick Hounsham, M, 38 born Rentley, Hampshire, Blacksmiths striker Rebecca Hounsham, M,40, born Cambridge Agnes Housham, u, 14, Cambridge, Domestic Servant Alice Hounsham, u, 12, Cambridge, Scholar Harry, 10 , Cambridge SCholar Emily, 8 Cambridge, Scholar WALTER, 5, Cambridge Scholar Thomas, 2 Cambridge Ellen, 10m Cambridge Best wishes Carol Address is 82 Cambridge Place, Cambridge

Crista

Crista Report 15 Oct 2003 20:38

Julie, Here is Elizabeth. George HULTON Head M Male 45 Cambridge, England General Labourer Hannah HULTON Wife M Female 40 Isle of Ely Johnathan HULTON Son U Male 14 Cambridge, England Bricklayers Labourer Harry HULTON Son U Male 10 Cambridge, England William HULTON Son Male 7 Cambridge, England Annie M. HULTON Daur Female 4 Cambridge, England Elizabeth HULTON Daur Female 1 Cambridge, England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling 11 St. Mathews Court Census Place Cambridge, Cambridge, England Family History Library Film 1341397 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 1665 / 58 Page Number 23 Crista

Julie

Julie Report 16 Oct 2003 08:16

Crista and Carol Ta very muchly, they are the missing people! I wondered if the Huttons were recorded as something else! it also confirms my suspicion that Elizabeth had some brothers and sisters! cheers Julie Tebb:)

Emma

Emma Report 16 Oct 2003 10:11

Here they are in 1891 if you haven't already got this information. Fredrick Hounsham, head, mar, 48, blacksmith, Benker Hampshire Rebecca Hounsham, wife, mar, 50, Cambridge Walter Hounsham, son, 15, errand boy, Cambridge Thomas Hounsham, son, 13, scholar, Cambridge Ellen Hounsham, daur, 10, scholar, Cambridge Green End, Fen Ditton RG12/1281, Folio 66, pg 17 Fen ditton, Cambridgeshire George Hutton, head, mar, 54, general labourer, Cambridge Hannah Hutton, wife, mar, 50, Cambs Ely Harry Hutton, son, sing, 20, fishmongers assistant, Cambridge William Hutton, son, sing, 17, general labourer, Cambridge Annie Hutton, daur, 14, general servant domestic, Cambridge Elizabeth Hutton, daur, 11, scholar, Cambridge Emily Hutton, daur, 9, scholar, Cambridge 11 St. Matthews Court RG12/1284, folio 31, page 17 Cambridge