Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Help from some kind person out there Please!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kay

Kay Report 14 Oct 2003 20:29

I hope some kind person will help me out....again I know from the 1891 census that my 2xGGfather Robert Bransby was living somewhere in Monkwearmouth, Sunderland but I don't know exactly where or what he did for a living. In 1888 on my GGmothers birth cert he is at 75 Wayman Street, Monkwearmouth but before that on 1881 he is still living with his parents and sister in Topcliffe, York. He is listed there as being an Ag Labr but Sunderland only had/has shipyards and collieries no farms!! Would some kind person be able to track him down on the 1891 for me to see if he was still in Wayman St, and what he was now doing for a living. Thanks in advance KAy

Kay

Kay Report 14 Oct 2003 20:36

Thanks Ruth That's definately him. Strange thing is the whole family 'disappear' in 1901. I know they were still in and around the area in 1920 when my gmother was born. Any ideas on where they could be found??

Kay

Kay Report 14 Oct 2003 20:58

Hi Ruth They are his wife and daughter Mary Elizabeth is my GGmother Thanks for trying again Kay

Kay

Kay Report 15 Oct 2003 19:08

Thanks very much for your help Ruth, I have Durham 1871 on order so when that comes out next month if you need any lookups you know where I am Kay

tozpool

tozpool Report 15 Oct 2003 20:51

Durham 1871 is coming out next month?

Kay

Kay Report 15 Oct 2003 21:34

According to Stepping Stones where I have it pre-ordered. But who knows.....? Kay

Kay

Kay Report 16 Oct 2003 12:29