Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish Census 1881 and 1891

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 14 Oct 2003 17:30

Does anyone know where you can search the scottish Census for free. I have been on the Scotlands people site, but it is proving to be slightly costly. I have found out loads by finding birth and marriage certificates. But now would like to look at the scottish census of 1881 and 1891

Jackie

Jackie Report 14 Oct 2003 17:35

hi siobhan it will cost you to view the 1891, but you might be lucky someone on the board might do a 1881 search for you when they see your message cheers jackie.

Carol

Carol Report 14 Oct 2003 19:02

I think the Scottish 1891 is on ancestry, if so, give me some names and dates and I will have a look

Carol

Carol Report 14 Oct 2003 19:04

Sorry, it is just England, Wales, Isle of Man and Channel Islands.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 14 Oct 2003 19:06

thanks anyway it is a bit of a pain...i think the only place that has them is scotlandspeople.gov.uk but it ends up too costly on there

Carol

Carol Report 14 Oct 2003 19:06

Siobhan, if you live near an LDS centre, they should be able to get the films for you, and they only charge a few pounds to cover the postage. Some centres have the Scottish records on computer.

George

George Report 14 Oct 2003 19:16

Siobhan Just post your names on here, a few of us have the 1881 census on disc for the British Isles. George

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Oct 2003 19:48

:0)

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 15 Oct 2003 19:53

did u nudge this up for me margaret :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Oct 2003 19:54

hi siobhan - just sent you an e-mail She