Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1920's Search Bedworth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren white

Darren white Report 14 Oct 2003 11:53

Can anyone help please? I am trying to find out where my grandfather's family were from, and seemed to have hit a wall. His Fathers name was George herbert Hughes, & his mother was Elsie Violet (?) I know he was adopted by them aged 2 and was born london 1925. They Had a daughter called Vera born 1927 april. I don't seem to able to find her in the local registry. I know where they were living in bedworth when my Grandad was married in 1947 and I know that the house that they were in 1947 had only been built about 1930 but how can i find out anything prior to that.

Darren white

Darren white Report 14 Oct 2003 12:16

I had a look in nuneaton lib. but cannot seem to find Vera's bapt. which would have their parents previous address on it.

Laurie

Laurie Report 19 Oct 2003 21:24

Hi Darren, Have you asked the registry office for ideas, I have found them quite useful when it comes to advice. Laurie