Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marriage date brick wall has dent in!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 13 Oct 2003 16:39

My g/grandparents Thomas & Mabel HORTON, were listed on the 1901 census when their eldest child was 4 years old making his birthdate c1897. In'e been looking for their marriage details from 1890 - 1898 on free bmd & lds site to no avail. I dont know Mabels maiden name so this makes this harder. Ive got a sore head from all that brick wall bashing! can anyone help? many thanks elaine x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 13 Oct 2003 17:31

yes edmonton or tottenham middlesex e x

Sandra

Sandra Report 13 Oct 2003 18:01

Hi Elaine Found this, could it be the one? Jun qtr 1899. Brentford Vol 3a Page 291 Dowdeswell Emily Horton Thomas Lambert Mabel Beatrice L Payne Malcom Frank Sandra (Lancs)

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 14 Oct 2003 11:58

its possible only thing, it would make their eldest son illigitemate as he was born 1897! many thanks for your help e x

Margaret

Margaret Report 14 Oct 2003 12:13

Mabel's maiden name will be on her children's birth certifictae Margaret

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 14 Oct 2003 12:39

thanks again i will order my grandads birth certificate! I never thought of that. thanks to all again elaine

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 14 Oct 2003 17:04

what is LDS site

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 14 Oct 2003 18:13

Latter Day Saints find it by going to resource centre on your left, it will be in the links to other websites. e