Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 west yorks census lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosalind

Rosalind Report 12 Oct 2003 19:09

trying to locate a Maria Holliday and family born Gildersome w yorks in 1849 any help greatly appreciated thanks

Chris

Chris Report 12 Oct 2003 19:39

Hi Rosalind I hope this is your Family Robert Holliday head 51, Colliery ????? Alice Wife 47 Sarah Jane Daug 24 Maria Daug 22 Harry Son 21, colliery Clerk Julia Daug 19 Esra Son 17 Cloth Manifacture Apprentice Annie Daug 15 John Son 10 Alice Ann Daug 6 Mary Eliza Daug 5 William Brother 40, Colliery Labourer All come from Gildersome Exept Robert and his wife Alice it look like they come from a place called Hosley Chris

Chris

Chris Report 13 Oct 2003 13:49

Ros I now have ink in my printer so if you would like a copy of the census page with your family on please send me your e-mail address Chris

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 13 Oct 2003 20:37

Can some kind person please do a 1871 look up for me?? The person I am trying to find is George Allinson born in Sheffield in the early 1800s. Not sure about his wifes' name, it may be Elizabeth. Thank you, Maggy

Valerie

Valerie Report 14 Oct 2003 11:24

Would really appreciate some help from anyone who can look up Eliza Thorp in 1871. Possible addresses are Northumberland St., Huddersfield or Damside, Almondbury. I would be interested to know of any Thorps or Vickermans at that last address even if she isn't there. Thanks, Valerie.