Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This will be of help to someone!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 11 Oct 2003 15:12

Hi I like looking around bootfairs buying old photos etc. Yes i know iam mad i dont know who they are or where they are from most of the time. Anyway last year i obtained a baby/childs record book from a boot fair in Kent. This book has babys ribbon Green/Yellow 5 telegrams 2 letters baby record weight etc birth cert christening cert & photo. babys birthdays 1-7 yrs Autographs of Nurse/doctor & parents The childs name is Celia Janet Clough WATERS 2/9/1948 at Calcutta. Parents Hugh Clough WATERS (solicitor) Dorothy Janet WATERS By Celias 3rd birthday it seems they were living a Bexhill-on-Sea. As i do my own family tree, i know how important it is to have any information . I would love to have a book that maybe belonged to one of my relations. Ive tried on a few other sites and left details and ive had nothing. Ive already reunited a large 200 yr bible which had a family tree inside with the right family. If anyone has any ideas or knows this family could you please let me know. Thanks Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 11 Oct 2003 15:39

Hi Yes i have tried it. I found i possible family and ive sent them an email, so know i have to wait for their reply. Thanks for that anyway. Sarah

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2003 15:46

Sarah - how interesting and thoughtful of you,wish it had been mine.When l saw Kent, l thought oooooo,but it would be Butlers.Good luck,hope u find the owner. Jude:))

Penny

Penny Report 11 Oct 2003 20:36

nudge, hope it finds its family!

Patricia

Patricia Report 11 Oct 2003 20:53

definate nudge

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Oct 2003 16:51

Hi Lorna My mother had this bible for many years. While having a clear out she gave it to me. When i saw this family tree in the front of the book i thought it would be a good idea to do some research for myself. I went on a few of the forums and looked and the messages to see if any names,dob and dates matched up. I then left a message. Nothing happened, then i emailed one of the many people on this forum and a few days later a lady got back to me. However only some of the details matched up. So she thought that the family that i had in the bible was not the same as hers. After that i had about 6 people asking about the bible. Then about a month after that the same lady emailed me back, she had done some more research and found that some of her own notes were incorrect. As you would know the tree in the bible would have been correct as they were written at the time. Anyway the bible has now been passed on to her. It nice to know that her g/g/g/grandfather( or something like that ) once owned the bible and had also wrote the family tree down. Now i have this baby book as well as other items. I have photos ,passports ,ration books etc. Even postcards which can help people with their family trees when you think about it. As they give dates,address and names. Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Oct 2003 18:21

Hi Lorna Iam sure if the person thinks those details may relate to them in some way, they will get straight back to you. I know that i wouls for a fact. Even now i still have emails from all sorts of people, saying that this family belongs to them. However i thought this would happen, so before i passed the bible on i scanned the bible cover and family tree pages. So people ask me about them i just send them the images that i scaned. So is the tree related to you as well? Sarah

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2003 18:42

Sarah - that is such a good idea - I have thought of doing that myself but every time I visit a boot sale they have NOTHING like it at all - Would be fantastic if the baby book was matched up with the child! She

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Oct 2003 18:48

Lorna Its a shame that you were unable to find a connection. However i would hand on to it as you never know not only that it did belong to your grandfather. She I would love to find this child she could still be alive, She is someones mum, nan or relative. If i knew my nan had a book i know i would love to have it. sarah