Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 lookup Lancashire please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 11 Oct 2003 11:43

Looking for George Horsefield a labourer Born abt. 1865- 1872 married to Elizabeth Ann Balmer born 1868. In Lancashire, would like to know what year he was born, and where exactly they were living. They did have two children July 1891 Sophia and 1896 James. I think I may have found George on 1881 census but can't be sure as yet. He disappears in 1901. Thanks Jackie

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2003 15:43

Jackie - the only George Horsefields l could find from Lancs are the following: George Horsefield-Subordmate(but it could be subordanent or subordinate). age 27 -single. Militiaman Infantry Preston.Born Lancashire Manchester. Piece RG122863.Folio 173.Pge 3. County -Cheshire.C.Parish - Chester. ED: Comprising Barracks and Military Hosp. Town: Extra Parochial Place of the Castle of Chester.There were 25 names in total in this hospital.,all Militiamen. Next: William E Horsefield-head-M-36-(Not employed) Beer letter. Alice Ellen-wife-M-36. Edward -Son-S-16-Engine cleaner.Employed. Sarah Ellen-dau-S-14-Employed-can't read what. George - son -12- scholar. John - son - 8 - scholar. James- son - 7 - scholar. Florance - dau - 3. All Born Blackburn. Piece RG12/3429.Folio 71.Pge 6.County Lancs. Civil P. Preston.Ecc P: St Mary.Town Preston. Address: 16 London Road,Preston. Next: George W Horsefield -Head-M-44-Electro Plater? Ellen A - wife -M- 40. 2 servants females both aged 16yrs. One could be E C Taylor can't read the christian names, the other can't read at all. Piece: RG 12/3206 Folio 120.Pge 27.Born Lancs.Manchester.County:Lancs.Civil Parish-Pendleton.ED 30.Eccl Parish:St.Thomas. Hope this is of some use.Interesting reading about the one in hospital. Jude

Jackie

Jackie Report 11 Oct 2003 17:00

Thanks jude for the help, none were what I was hoping for though although all very interesting. If you see this again could you try George Horsfield for me without the first e in case they omitted it some where. he was abt.28 years old, hopefully married to Elizabeth Ann. In the Chorlton on Medlock area of Manchester. Thanks Jackie p.s. why are people so elusive.

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2003 23:55

Hi Jackie have just seen this thread,will look in morning(gawd its morning now), well later then!!:)) Horsefield without the e. Jude

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2003 00:48

Jackie - could'nt resist it: George H Horsfield-head-M-32 or 33 -Market flour dealer. Elizabeth - wife - M -33. Ralph - son -12-scholar. Walter -son - 5 -scholar. Arthur - son - 3. Eliza - dau - 4. All born Lancs Manchester. Address 664 Stockport Road,Rusholme. If this is of any use let me know and l will give u folio and piece no's, tired now. There is another George Horsfield-single age 25-butcher- at home Lancs,born either Church or Rusholme, with a boarder Mary E Cordwell age 18. Will look again tomorrow, Jude

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2003 18:12

Jackie - did you know : William Horsfield. Sophia Horsfield. Son George born 1866 - Catherdral.Manchester.Lancs is on the F A M I L Y H I S T O R Y (LDS),which is free to view. Jude still looking