Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 lookup please..Gloucester/glamorgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 10 Oct 2003 21:50

Hi could someone please help me to trace the following family in the year 1891 John Young Approx age 35 born gloucester Eliza young aged36 born ciirencester Mary young aged 14 born bisley gloucester William young aged 13yrs born bisley They may have been living in the pontypridd area of wales by this time. I need to know where they were living, who was living there, with a big interest in William, who may have been in either gloucester, wales or sheffield Can anyone help please? Sarah

Janet

Janet Report 10 Oct 2003 22:06

Haven't found a match yet, but in Chapel Street, Stroud I found this family George Young 40 bn Chelford, Glos Elisa 36 Bisley Elen 13 William 12 Mary 8 Walter 5 Amey 5 Margrett 3 Emsley 9 mo bn Stroud I've done a search including Wales, but nothing interesting appears. How certain are you of their names, could the father have been John George Young? Jan

Sarah

Sarah Report 10 Oct 2003 22:19

Hi Jan, In 1881 they lived in Far oakridge bisley gloucester. In 1901 they lived in Oakridge bisley, nr stroud, gloucester other kids born after 1881 are Alice aged 19 in 1901 arthur 17 in 1901,ernest age 16, george 11, bessie 10 in 1901 Family tales say they moved to pontypridd, i've found Mary aged 25 in 1901 living in pontypridd as a servant, but where were the rest?? especially william... HELP !! ( in 1901 william was in sheffield, but the rumour was around 13/14yrs he thought he'd killed his father and run away, but we know now that his father John was still alive in 1901 so he didn't....... sarah