Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 9 Oct 2003 02:04

I am looking for Maud Taylor approx circa 1874? she married a man called stephen Turner in 1896 in Aston, Warwickshire. I cannot find this woman on the 1901 Census, I was hoping to find out some additional information about her, can u help please ???

Carol

Carol Report 9 Oct 2003 02:20

On the 1891 census Charles Taylor Head 54 Copper Roller born Shidley Warks Amelia Wife 50 born Stourbridge Maud A Daughter 17 Dressmakers Assistant born Birmingham Emma G Daughter 14 Milliners Assistant born Birmingham

Patricia

Patricia Report 9 Oct 2003 02:24

Thank you for that carol, I just cant understand why i cannot find her or her family on the 1901.

Carol

Carol Report 9 Oct 2003 02:28

I hope its the one you are looking for, dont take my word for it, I just copied it from the image. The writing isnt always easy to read. I cant check 1901 at the moment, credit card has hit its limit and my payment hasnt hit the account yet.

Patricia

Patricia Report 9 Oct 2003 02:31

I know the feeling, i have just brought the Vital Records for the British Isles hoping for some results, oh what a waste of money, you stand more chance of winning the lottery than finding a rellie. Regards