Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

surname roberts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Oct 2003 19:43

pleeease can somebody help me! im trying to find the family of my g/dad on mums side.his name was albert roberts,he was born in 1898 in battersea. he had 4 brothers and 1 sister.their names were:tom/thomas,jack,alf/alfred,dan/daniel (they were all older than gramp)and louisa mary,who was younger than gramp gramp was born in "ebury road"battersea i would like to find his parents and everyones date of birth frustrated susie xx

Maxine

Maxine Report 8 Oct 2003 19:55

Hi there I couldn't find your Albert in Battersea on the 1901 census, but I did find the following: Albert Roberts 2 Highgate London London Islington Albert Roberts 3 London Hampstead London Hampstead Albert Roberts 4 London Islington London Islington Albert Roberts 4 London West Norwood London Lambeth Could any of these be him? Regards Maxine

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Oct 2003 20:46

max thanks a lot for helping,i'll follow them up rosemary ive looked on the 1901 site to no avail.i've also looked on 1837 but coulnt find them there either.these blooming brick walls!!!!....:(((( thanx anyway susie

Terry

Terry Report 8 Oct 2003 21:41

hi ruth thankyou,thankyou,thankyou. you have helped me so much over the last few weeks,i dont know how to thankyou,. p'haaps i can now try and find their mum and dad hugs :)))) susie

Terry

Terry Report 8 Oct 2003 21:42

sorry about my name im on hubbys puter.......LOL susie

Terry

Terry Report 8 Oct 2003 22:28

ruth mum told me his d.o.b. it was 27/01/1898 he married gertrude hatton who was 06/12/1898.we know that gertrudes dad was called john and we think her mums name was louisa lyons?? ive hit a brick wall with my g/dads father and mother,as g/dad didnt get married until they died so mum never knew them. susie(on hubbys puter)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 9 Oct 2003 10:02

hi ruth no i dont have their marriage certs.mum doesnt even know when they got married. she seems to think that they were both about 30yrs old,as they were looking after their elderly parents so ive got no info at all to go on!!! isnt genealogy fun....lol i kept looking on freebmd but couldnt find them,praos cos i was looking under battersea or london.....durrrr...lol susie

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 9 Oct 2003 12:24

ruth you arnt gonna believe THIS! ive just paid £5 for credits on 1901 and done a search on the names you gave me,and guess wat....not one of them are related to each other!!! i am feeling very p....d off at the moment,but never mind i'll just keep on looking. who would have thought that dead rellies could cause so much trouble...lol thanx anyway ruth,you're an angel hugs susie