Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how to find d.o.b.with only name ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 8 Oct 2003 16:27

My name is Peter George, I was fostered when I was a baby; I am looking for clues on my birth mother Sylvia George, I was told she came from limerick. Birth certif. gives only name and job only. I was born in 1965 in Fulham, London, any tips on trying to trace birth mother or family would be welcome. Many Thanks Mr P.A George -----------------

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 8 Oct 2003 16:32

Peter, Have you tried the social sevices in Fulham, presuming thats where you were fostered? If not, if you know the area you were fostered contact there Social Services. I'm sure they would help you in the right direction. Lynda

Carol

Carol Report 8 Oct 2003 16:33

Hello Peter, I would assume she was quite young when she fostered you, so you could check birth indices. I would start from about 15 or 16 years before you were born, and work back from there. If you need to check Ireland as well, the LDS centres have the Ireland index. To find your nearest centre, look in phone book under Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.