Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

need to delete some rellies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 8 Oct 2003 08:28

Please can someone tell me if it is possible to delete the top 5 generations of my family tree? I gave this Willie the wrong parents!!!!! Jane

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2003 08:34

Hi Jane, You will not be able to delete them if they have children attached to them. You would need to start from the children up - if that makes sense? Maybe you could just amend the details of the wrong parents? Regards Margaret

Yvette

Yvette Report 8 Oct 2003 10:10

I have just logged on to add some new rellies and found GC has doubled up on a couple of mine in the past few days......without my help! As none of them had children i tried to remove their details, but no luck they are still there. Anyone any ideas on how to delete them? Yvette

Maxine

Maxine Report 8 Oct 2003 10:15

Hi Yvette If you email GC direct(us the cintact us link on the left of the page), they should be able to sort it for you . Regards Maxine

Yvette

Yvette Report 8 Oct 2003 10:22

Thanks Maxine Regards Yvette

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2003 10:22

Are you sure you deleted? When you click on "Delete" you go back to your Home Page. Then you need to click "Back" to go to the "Confirm Delete Page". Click on "Yes" and the Job's done. If you don't confirm the name will remain. I have emailed GC about this problem. Good luck Jim

Jane

Jane Report 8 Oct 2003 10:39

Thanks Margaret I have this horrible feeling its going to be easier to start again What a pain. Jane

Keith

Keith Report 8 Oct 2003 12:46

Jane. Amen to that. Keith