Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Goucester Birth and Burial

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 7 Oct 2003 20:48

Hi Everyone I have a dilemma with my Walker branch Joseph Benjamin Walker conveniently born early 1837 or 1836 just befor civil reg. Born in Cheltenham, no sign of his birth so far. His marriage certificate (1863) states he is a widower and his fathers name to also be Joseph. I can't find the mothers name or any sign of them before the 1881 census when Joseph shows up in Battersea with his second wife Emily Ann Warren and children. I need his first wifes name, his birth and the name of his mother and their location. I have been stuck on this for the last three years. Any ideas?

Valice in

Valice in Report 7 Oct 2003 21:01

There is a man of the same name married in 1869 in Lambeth district, see FreeBMD site

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 7 Oct 2003 21:06

Hi Ruth I have checked the 1851 with no luck. Thanks

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 7 Oct 2003 21:11

Hi Valerie I should have said that Josph Benjamins second marriage was in 1863 to Emily Ann Warren. The 1869 entry is not him. I will update my message. Thanks anyway

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 7 Oct 2003 21:14

Hi Ruth I don't have access to the 1871 census. Can anyone help? The address on the 1881 censu is 11 Queen Square Battersea, Surrey