Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where do I go from here

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren white

Darren white Report 6 Oct 2003 21:45

Can anyone help me please? I have just found my Great-Great Grandparents on 1901 census for Collycroft bedworth, warwickshire, but i have no idea how to find out anymore about them like who their parents are and when they were born. I would be grateful for any help Thanks in advance Darren

Gail

Gail Report 6 Oct 2003 21:48

Hi, have you tried the 1881 census at www.familysearch.org Jim

Sian

Sian Report 6 Oct 2003 21:52

Hi, have you found out when they where married? the marriage certifcate would give their fathers names. It should give their ages on 1901 census which would give you their approx dates of birth. I can look it up if you give me their names and ages in 1901 on the free bmd site if you want Sian

Darren white

Darren white Report 6 Oct 2003 22:29

I got the following info from 1901: John w Hewitt head 52 Sarah ? wife 50 William son Rose A dau Sarah e dau (poss. Adpt'd) Gertrude " George Son John " (my great grandad) What i need is dtails of John W Hewitt & Sara Thanks

Anna

Anna Report 6 Oct 2003 22:38

I found this on the 1881 census Any good? Household Record 1881 British Census Household: John W. HEWETT Head M Male 32 Wolvey, Warwick, England Colliery Labourer Sarah HEWETT Wife M Female 30 Bedworth, Warwick, England Shoe Machinist Timothy Geo. HEWETT Son Male 5 Bedworth, Warwick, England Scholar William J. HEWETT Son U Male 3 Bedworth, Warwick, England Scholar Rose A. HEWETT Daur Female 7 m Bedworth, Warwick, England Timothy BURGESS Father In Law W Male 74 Ryton On Dunsmore, Warwick, England Bricklayer Ann BURGESS Niece U Female 16 Bedworth, Warwick, England Silk Throwster Source Information: Dwelling Congreves Sqr Church Street Census Place Bedworth, Warwick, England Family History Library Film 1341731 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 3064 / 61 Page Number 2