Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anyone have any Derbyshire details 1861 - 187

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 6 Oct 2003 14:37

Could a kind person see if they could find family details forAlfred Pegg ? He would have been around 2 yrs old, born in Mickleover or Burton, and his father was George. Also, sorry to be a pain, his mother Harriet seems to have vanished somewhere between 1869 and 1871 but I can't find a death. Help! Thanks Helen

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 7 Oct 2003 08:21

Nudge - help desperately needed!

Dave

Dave Report 7 Oct 2003 14:48

Hi Helen, From 1881 census:- George PEGG Head M Male 57 Mickleover, Derby, England Raily Engine Man (Driver) Ann PEGG Wife M Female 62 Mickleover, Derby, England Alfred PEGG Son U Male 21 Mickleover, Derby, England Iron Moulder Alice PEGG Daur Female 11 Mickleover, Derby, England Scholar Mahalah WEBSTER Step Daur U Female 20 Mickleover, Derby, England Laundress William WEBSTER Step Son U Male 18 Mickleover, Derby, England Raily Labourer George DRAPER Grandson Male 5 Litchurch, Derby, England Scholar Source Information: Dwelling 35 Mansfield St Census Place Derby St Alkmund, Derby, England Family History Library Film 1341814 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 3404 / 122 Page Number 27 Also from IGI George Pegg married Harriet Haynes on 4/11/1850 in Mickleover. His father is shown as James, her father is shown as William. There is also an Elizabeth Pegg age 19 father George, who married a William Cockayne age 23, at Mickleover on 24/12/1870. Any use? Dave

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 7 Oct 2003 14:59

Thank-you Dave. Harriet obviously married George but by 1881 he was married to Ann, as you found! I've also found Ann's previous marriage to William Webster, who was the father of Mahalah(?????) and William. Alice's mum was also Harriet - where did she go I wonder? Can't find the death unless I missed it. Thanks for finding Elizabeth _ I shall work on her if I do't get any further with Harriet. :)))