Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look-up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rus&

Rus& Report 6 Oct 2003 10:13

hi all, could someone please do a look-up for me on the 1891 census the names i am looking for are ALBERT EDWARD MOSS born c1872 fathers name ALFRED and PHEBY ELLEN ALLARD born c1872 fathers name SAMUEL PHEBY was born in london. thanx kaz

Margaret

Margaret Report 6 Oct 2003 10:54

Kaz Haven't managed to find Pheby yet, or her father. Do you know if Albert was born in either Saddleworth Yorks or Eynsham, Staffs. Would they both have been in the London area at the time of the 1891 census Margaret

April

April Report 6 Oct 2003 10:56

HI Kaz Not having much luck, no sign of Pheby or family on the 1891, I found them on the 1881 if you dont already have this info. Can you be a bit more specific with Albert,ie where born etc. Samuel ALLARD Head M Male 41 Tunbridge, Kent, England Invalided From The Army Sarah ALLARD Wife M Female 39 Burbage, Wiltshire, England Laundress Sarah ALLARD Dau U Female 14 Burbage, Wiltshire, England Harriet L. F. ALLARD Dau Female 12 Brompton, Middlesex, England Scholar Samuel W. ALLARD Son Male 10 St Pancras, Middlesex, England Scholar Phoebe E. ALLARD Dau Female 7 St Pancras, Middlesex, England Scholar Elizabeth A. ALLARD Dau Female 5 Brompton, Middlesex, England Scholar Emma L. ALLARD Dau Female 3 Brompton, Middlesex, England Maud E. ALLARD Dau Female 1 Brompton, Middlesex, England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling 55 Yeomans Row Census Place London, Middlesex, England Family History Library Film 1341010 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 0043 / 111 Page Number 56

Rus&

Rus& Report 6 Oct 2003 11:26

Hi margaret and april, thank you both for having a look for me.April thanx for the info from the 1881 i already have that.Here is all the info i recieved this morning(marriage cert) JULY 1895(d.o.m) albert moss age 23 private in grenadier guards--perbright camp--father ALFRED occupation farmer Pheby ellen allard(also know as ellen on 1901 and nellie on sons birth cert)age 23 domestic servant--finborough road south kensington---father samuel(deceased) this is all i have sorry bye for now kaz

Margaret

Margaret Report 6 Oct 2003 13:18

Kaz I can't find any of Pheby or Phoebe's family on the 1891. I tried Ellen and Nellie. Also tried all of her brothers and sisters. There is an Albert Moss of the right age born London. He was a servant/groom for a Walter J Finch a former Major General on the Royal Artillary. He lived at Aberdeen House, Blackherd Park, Plumstead. Do you have anything else. Have you found Albert on the 1881? Margaret

Rus&

Rus& Report 6 Oct 2003 13:23

Hi margaret, i haven't been able to find him on the 1881 either.Albert middle name was edward if that is of any use. thanx for taking the time to look for me kaz

April

April Report 6 Oct 2003 15:38

Hi Kaz Looks like I found Pheby's sister Emma age 13 a pupil in St Josephs Home in Kensington,theres also an Alice 15(could that be Elizabeth A) .Theres also a death in 1883 of a Maud E Allard age 3 in Kensington on BMD. No luck with the others yet. April PS just looked at the image of the home and it looks like a Convent Home