Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LDs "share" site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 5 Oct 2003 19:55

Folowing info from a listee,I went into the LDS Share site and looked up my name and found a Ranger collaboration list. Not knowing quite what to do, I sent an email giving details about myself. Nothing seems to have happened. Have I done it right? If not, can anyone tell me how to work the system please. John

Maxine

Maxine Report 5 Oct 2003 21:24

Hi john As far as I know you have done it correctly, the thing to bear in mind with LDs is that the lists are sometimes pretty old, and may no longer be active, so really there is nothing else you can do but sit and wait. Regards Maxine

Chris from Kent

Chris from Kent Report 5 Oct 2003 22:08

I did the same yesterday, I have had a reply, asking me to send the message again, and then a email saying that this had been sent several hours later. So I presume it is a slow business. So hang in there. I am. By the way, thanks to the helpful person who pointed me in this direction. Chris

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 5 Oct 2003 22:17

Never heard of this, what is it please? Kathleen

Chris from Kent

Chris from Kent Report 5 Oct 2003 22:59

Go to Share, then search Email lists. www.familysearch.org Chris

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 5 Oct 2003 23:04

Thanks Christine, use the site a lot but never noticed that before. Could be useful. Kathleen

John

John Report 6 Oct 2003 19:56

To Maxine (and others) Thanks for the reply. I will just sit and wait. John

Chris

Chris Report 7 Oct 2003 08:12

I've been dying to ask this question for ages but didn't want to seem thick but what the eck I am thick What are 'cookies' ???? Chris

Anna

Anna Report 7 Oct 2003 09:43

Chris i found this on a website,It explains what cookies are better than i could of!! Anna:-) Cookies are pieces of information generated by a Web server and stored in the user's computer, ready for future access. Cookies are embedded in the HTML information flowing back and forth between the user's computer and the servers. Cookies were implemented to allow user-side customization of Web information. For example, cookies are used to personalize Web search engines, to allow users to participate in WWW-wide contests (but only once!), and to store shopping lists of items a user has selected while browsing through a virtual shopping mall

Chris

Chris Report 7 Oct 2003 10:26

Thanks Anna Chris