Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family info prior to 1837

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 3 Oct 2003 21:48

One branch of my tree goes back to 1776 thanks to the relatives that I have found since starting my research. But how do I find out about the family prior to this. i have only one one from that generation. I dont know if he had brothers and/or sisters and also who his parents are. His name was Charles Howe. and he was born in 1776 in the Cambridge area. I know he married Ann Read who was born in Norfolk. Please can someone advise me. Thanks in anticipation. Fiona

Carol

Carol Report 3 Oct 2003 22:00

If he was born in Cambridge, maybe any siblings were born there too. Try the parish records for Cambridge, no idea where you would find them, maybe there is a record office in Cambrideshire.

Gen

Gen Report 3 Oct 2003 23:54

Hi Fiona, Have you tried IGI there are over 200 Howe/How's on there or you could type in Cambridgshire History Society, click on their website and they may be able to point you in the right direction, there are a few Howe's that were apprentices sadly no charles but they are in the 1700's. Good luck Gen