Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

YES! YES! YES!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvette

Yvette Report 3 Oct 2003 16:48

Please excuse the Meg Ryan moment but i am dancing cartwheels here, lol After nearly 2 years have finally cracked my brickwall on William Elliff. I would just like to say a really BIG THANKYOU to everyone who has helped, not just with advice but also encouragement. I am off to crack a bottle of wine to celebrate my new family, before i have to face the sobering thought of who i start on next, lol. Yvette

Maxine

Maxine Report 3 Oct 2003 16:49

Many Congratulations Yvette - have one on me!

Mystified

Mystified Report 3 Oct 2003 17:10

Isn't it a great feeling, well done John

Patricia

Patricia Report 3 Oct 2003 17:21

Well you do realise after this you will have another bugger that does your head. Enjoy it hope things go a little quicker for you. Regards

Carol

Carol Report 3 Oct 2003 17:51

Well done, I am still having problems with by Balls, who seem to have done a runner on census days.

Tracey

Tracey Report 3 Oct 2003 20:43

Hi Yvette, Congratulations, i told you you'd find him in the end. Tell me the details!! By the way, have you read the thread 'Sydney Coleman-died, married but not born'. Seems this man married a lady called Ada Streeter from Croydon. Might be related to the author of that one!! Tracey.

Yvette

Yvette Report 3 Oct 2003 21:12

Hi Tracey Well i took some advice and called Croydon Registry office, and cutting a long story short a very nice lady found up the certificate i thought was most likely one of the three. She asked me what i knew so far to check with what she could see, so i said father John, as per marriage certificate, she said yes thats correct. Then i got naughty and said oh and his mothers name was Sarah...........and she said yes thats right. Easy as that after all this time! I had just about ruled out every other William that walked in the 1800's, or so it felt, but even so was still bowled over to have it confirmed. I can now prove a link back to 1806, and have a possible set of parents beyond that from previous research. I will show my family i really do exist for the next few days, apart from the odd look at GC -need my daily fix, lol- and then start looking into all the Streeters again. Have a nice weekend Regards Yvette By the way saw the thread you mentioned and i have posted a reply, who knows where it will go...........