Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 Census-the month?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 2 Oct 2003 09:42

Does anybody know when the above was held, the month as I am trying to pin down my Gr gr Grandparents. I have who should be my gr gr grandad ( according to Family search) living in his younger brothers household plus his aging Mum, unmarried. My Gr Grandad, until now have only managed to find his christening as the page in the ledger was badly damaged both at the FRC and 1837online. He was christened 29th Oct 1851. I now have found him on 1837online as they have cleaned up the pages.He was registered Dec quart 1851 as should be. I have not found a marriage his parents as yet but they are well recorded on family search. I found my Gr grandad married twice using the name William Woods Hanton, I know he is the right man as he married my Grandads Mother. But according to the birth register entry and elsewhere he was William Hanton. I am sure it is the same man as dates are right and it is not a common name. How can he aquire the Woods to marry but not have it at birth. Could it be because his parents were not probably married. Her name was turner so it is not her name.His parents went on to produce quite a brood of children. Sorry this is so long Ann

Crista

Crista Report 2 Oct 2003 09:49

Ann, It was 30th March. Crista

Ann

Ann Report 2 Oct 2003 09:58

Thanks Crista Not as bad as I thought, there was time for them to be respectably married before the birth. I must concentrate on the months inbetween. Perhap the middle name was just an affectation. Ann