Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I don't suppose...!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2003 21:43

Hello, we're pretty new to all this and have been doing our best searching here and there and we're pretty impressed with ourselves so far!! There are a few links on GC and they've helped alot. That said our's is a tricky case and a little help would go a long way. Is anyone out there looking into the Badley's from Birkenhead? Just wondering! Thanks Eleanor and Tony

Janet

Janet Report 1 Oct 2003 21:51

Hi, As not everyone uses the boards (for some unknown reason known only to themselves) I suggest that you use the quick search facility and you may be able to spot a name in the results that fits in somewhere. Janet

George

George Report 1 Oct 2003 21:55

Anthony Have you done a quick search on the right here. There is a Badley from Birkenhead. Regards George

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2003 21:58

Thanks Janet, We have tried that and it worked out very well, but as my family don't appear to have been into getting married or even having their babies in their home area, the birth records are, to say the least, complex and hard to find! We've found uncles, cousins and a half sister I didn't know existed 3 weeks ago, and at last after 48 years I finally know where my father came from!! But now like the rest of you we've got the ancestry bug and it's terrifying side effect..... the need to know more!! Any more advice would be greatfully received! Tony and Eleanor

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2003 21:59

Thank you too George. Tony